M-ASA and its board are committed to incorporating the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) in the governance and operations of this corporation.
Please come visit us. If you like what you see, Join us!
You can even get a glider ride with us before joining, and if you join within 6 months of taking the ride we will credit a portion of cost of the ride towards your dues. Click here for details on how to get a ride: Glider Rides
MID-ATLANTIC SOARING ASSOCIATION OFFERS:
- A commitment to education in a safe and fun soaring environment.
- A club owned and operated airfield in Fairfield, PA..
- Paved and grass runways.
- Free flight instruction to members. Students pay only for glider rental and tows.
- Scholarships for eligible student Youth Members
- Dual-place and single-place sailplanes for rent.
- A well accommodated air conditioned club house.
- Sailplane trailer hanger space for rent.
- Year-round soaring with operations scheduled March through November.
- Home of the Region 4 North contest in the fall
We offer two membership options, Full Member and Family Member.
Your first year as a member of M-ASA is provisional. Provisional members are entitled to use club facilities but do not have voting privileges until granted full membership. Provisional members may to petition for full membership one year after they join M-ASA.
M-ASA offers a youth rate to anyone 22 years of age or younger which is half that of our adult rate.
FULL MEMBER – ADULT (effective 1/1/2021)
- Initiation Fee: $900. $450 due initially upon joining M-ASA. Balance due one year after joining M-ASA if granted Full Membership by the Board of Directors
- M-ASA annual membership dues: $500. Prorated $41.67/month for the first year
- Soaring society of America annual dues are $75.
FULL MEMBER – YOUTH (half that of adult membership)
- Initiation Fee: $450. $225 due initially upon joining M-ASA. Balance due one year after joining M-ASA if granted Full Membership by the Board of Directors.
- M-ASA annual membership dues: $250. Prorated $20.83/month first year.
- Soaring Society of America annual dues are $42.
- Youth members may apply for the O'Callaghan Scholarship to cover the costs of glider tows and glider rentals
One additional member of the immediate family of a Full or Provisional member may join M-ASA as a Family Member. Family Members pay the same M-ASA membership dues as Full Adult and Full Youth Members but do not pay initiation fees. Soaring Society of America annual membership dues for Family Members are only $45.
M-ASA IS A VOLUNTEER CLUB
M-ASA is an all volunteer club. Sharing the work enables us to own and operate our own airport without paid staff or employees. Our Certified Flight Instructors volunteer their time to instruct, as do our qualified tow pilot members. All other members are committed to at least four days of field duty a season. Everyone chips in to help maintain the field, buildings and equipment.
By signing the Membership Application below you are acknowledging your intent to perform your share of volunteer duty for M-ASA. You also agree to electronic communications via email, text messaging, and content on the M-ASA web site.
BECOME A MEMBER
To join M-ASA:
- Download the Membership Application.
- Fill it out, sign it and the waiver on the reverse side, and bring it to our club located at 154 Pecher Road, Fairfield, PA 17320
- Have two Club Directors sign the application
- Write a check for the appropriate 2021 pro-rated amount payable to Mid-Atlantic Soaring Association
- Give check and membership application to a club director or club membership committee member
- Please email a short bio of 200 words or less, to include your aviation interest, with a digital photo of yourself suitable for publication in the monthly M-ASA newsletter CONVECTOR to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com if you have any further questions about our club or how to join M-ASA.